To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- HMIS 3-3-1-X
- Molecular Formula C4H12GeO4
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 196.73
- Delta H Vaporization (kJ/mol) 9.6 kcal/mole
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 145-6°
- Density (g/mL) 1.325
- Flash Point (˚C) 34°C (93°F)
- Melting Point (˚C) -18°
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4015
- Additional Viscosity (cSt) '1, 20
- Viscosity at 25 ˚C (cSt) 1
Reacts with H2S in ethanol to yield amorphous sol-gel GeS2.1
Diffuses into porous silica, hydrolyzing to yield optical waveguide.2
Forms IR transmitting optic by sol-gel.3
In combination with silanol-terminated polydimethylsiloxanes forms coatings for GC.4
1. Melling, P. Ceram. Bull. 1984, 63, 1427.
2. Kondu, O. Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., Part 1 1990, 29, 2868.
3. Gael, S. et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1990, 112, 5636.
4. Fang, L. et al. Anal. Chem. 2007, 79, 9774.