To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 246-595-2
- HMIS 2-1-1-X
- Molecular Formula C16H36GeO4
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 365.05
- TSCA Yes
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 143° / 8
- Density (g/mL) 1.017
- Flash Point (˚C) 112°C (234°F)
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4255
- Additional Viscosity (cSt) '2, 20
- Viscosity at 25 ˚C (cSt) '2
With Pb(OAc)2 forms Pb5Ge3O11 piezoelectric films useful in second harmonic generation.1
1. Boulton, J. et al. In Sol-Gel Optics II, MacKenzie, J. Ed. SPIE Proc., 1992, 1758, 292.