To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
All structures are computer generated. Please rely on the product data below for placing your order. If you see any errors in structures, please email customer service so that they can be addressed.
EINECS Number: 238-007-8
Alternative Name: GERMANIUM ETHOXIDE
Specific Gravity: 1.134
Flashpoint: 62°C (144°F)
HMIS Key: 2-2-1-X
Hydrolytic Sensitivity: 7: reacts slowly with moisture/water
Refractive Index: 1.4049
Application: Sol-gel intermediate for optical fiber preforms,1 and monoliths.2,3
Forms GeO2 by PCVD.4
Incorporation into SiO2 interlayer dielectric / passivation reduces reflow temp.5
Sol-gel derived SiO2-GeO2 glasses are photosensitive / high-pressure H2 loading.6,7
Reacts with H2S, sulfur, water to form semiconductor germanium disulfide.8
Reference: 1. Matsuo, N. et al. Chem. Abstr. 105, 10766e; German Patent 3,535,367, 1986.
2. Mukherjee, S. Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 1984, 32, 111.
3. Mukherjee, S. Mater. Res. Soc. Symp. Proc. 1986, 73, 443.
4. Secrist, D. et al. Bull. Am. Ceram. Soc. 1966, 45, 784.
5. Fisher, S. et al. Solid State Tech., p55, September, 1993.
6. Czekaj, C. et al. Amer. Chem. Soc. Meeting, August 1994.
7. Green, B. et al. J. Non-Cryst. Solids 1994, 168, 195.
8. Etsell, T. et al. J. Mater. Chem. 1997, 7, 105.
Additional Properties: Dipole moment: 1.7 debyeSurface tension, 25°: 23.2 dynes/cm?Hcomb: -1,323.3 kcal/mole?Hvap: 10.3 kcal/mole>99.99% (metals basis)