- Einecs Number 209-872-9
- HMIS 2-1-0-X
- Molecular Formula C24H20Sn
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 427.11
- TSCA Yes
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 420-425
- Density (g/mL) 1.490
- Flash Point (˚C) 231 °C
- Melting Point (˚C) 224-7°
Polymerizes perfluoroalkylacetylenes in combination with WCl6.1
Cocatalyst with NbCl5 for trimerization-cyclization of diynes.2
1. Tsuchihara, K. et al. Chem. Abstr. 110, 95877t; Polym. Bull. 1988, 20(4), 343.
2. Srinivasan, R. et al. J. Mol. Catal. 1989, 53, 203.
Organotin Cross-Coupling Agent
The cross-coupling reaction is a highly useful methodology for the formation of carbon-carbon bonds. It involves two reagents, with one typically being a suitable organometallic reagent - the nucleophile - and the other a suitable organic substrate, normally an unsaturated halide, tosylate or similar - the electrophile.
Metal-Organic Chemistry, Articles
Silicon Chemistry, Articles
Hatanaka and Hiyama first reported the palladium-catalyzed, fluoride-promoted reaction of aryl, alkenyl, allyl, and ethynyltrimethylsilanes with aryl, vinil and allyl halides to form the respective cross-coupled products