To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
All structures are computer generated. Please rely on the product data below for placing your order. If you see any errors in structures, please email customer service so that they can be addressed.
EINECS Number: 246-494-3
Specific Gravity: 1.068
Flashpoint: 103°C (217°F)
HMIS Key: 2-2-1-X
Hydrolytic Sensitivity: 1: no significant reaction with aqueous systems
Refractive Index: 1.4846
Conjugatively allylates alkylidene Meldrum’s acids.10
Generates homoallylic amines with aldehydes and amines.11
Allylates bromides and chloroethers.,2,3
Radical initiation induces 1,2-addition of allyltins and alkyl iodides to electron deficient alkenes.4
Polymerization by Natta catalyst - Et3Al-TiCl4.5
Converts aldehydes to homoallylic alcohols and imines to homoallylic amines.6
Converts combination of aldehyde and amine to homoallylic amines.7
Enantioselectively generates homoallylic amines in a 3-component reaction scheme.8
Adds enantioselectively to prochiral ketones to form homoallyl alcohols in good enantioselectively.9
Reference: 1. Castellino, S. in Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis 1995, Volume 1, 125-128.
10. >Duma, A. N.; Fillion, E. Org. Lett. 2009, 11, 1919.
11. Narsaiah, A. et al. Synthesis, 2010, 1609.
2. Corey, E. et al. Tetrahedron Lett. 1990, 31, 3715.
3. Keck, G. et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1982, 104, 5829.
4. Mizuno, K. et al. F&F: Vol. 14, p 16; J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1988, 110, 1288.
5. Montecatini. Soc. Chem. Abstr. 53, 1837; Ital. Patent 589,299, 1959.
6. Shen, W. et al. Tetrahedron Lett. 2008, 49, 4047.
7. Kalita, P. K.; Phukan, P. Tetrahedron Lett. 2008, 49, 5495.
8. Li, X. et al. Chem. Eur. J. 2008 14, 4796.
9. Lu, J. et al. Tetrahedron Lett. 2005, 46, 7435.
Fieser: F&F: Vol. 9, p 8; Vol. 11, p 15; Vol. 12, p 21; Vol. 13, p. 10; Vol. 14, p. 14; Vol. 16, p. 7; Vol. 17, p 12.