To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 217-007-1
- HMIS 3-4-1-X
- Molecular Formula C4H9ClSi
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 120.65
- TSCA Yes
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 82-3°
- Density (g/mL) 0.884
- Flash Point (˚C) -5°C (23°F)
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4137
Review of synthetic utility.1
Used in synthesis of highly substituted unsaturated alcohols.2
Reductively cross-couples with allyl alcohols to form butenols after oxidation.3
Used to silylate unsaturated alcohols, which can be RCM-cyclized to a vinylsilyl ether, which in turn can be subjected to a silicon-based cross-coupling.4
1. Handbook of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, Reagents for Silicon-Mediated Organic Synthesis, Fuchs, P. L. Ed., John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2011, p. 157-161.
2. Denmark, S. E.; Lang, S. M. Org. Lett. 2001, 3, 1749.
3. Belardi J. K.; Micalizio, G. C. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2008, 130, 16870.
4. Denmark, S. E.; Yang, S.-M. Org. Lett. 2003, 3, 1749.