- Einecs Number 236-252-5
- Synonyms 4-(TRIMETHYLSILOXY)-3-PENTEN-2-ONE
- HMIS 3-2-1-X
- Molecular Formula C8H16O2Si
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 172.30
- TSCA Yes
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 63/3
- Density (g/mL) 0.912
- Flash Point (˚C) 58 °C
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4530
Adhesion promoter for photoresists on silicon nitride and titanium nitride.1
1. Endo, M. et al. Micro- and Nanopattering Polymers ACS Symposium; 1998, 706, 337.
Trimethylsilyl Blocking Agent
Used as a protecting group for reactive hydrogens in alcohols, amines, thiols, and carboxylic acids. Organosilanes are hydrogen-like, can be introduced in high yield, and can be removed under selective conditions. They are stable over a wide range of reaction conditions and can be removed in the presence of other functional groups, including other protecting groups. The tolerance of silylated alcohols to chemical transformations summary is presented in Table 1 of the Silicon-Based Blocking Agents brochure.
2-Trimethylsiloxypent-2-en-4-one; 4-(Trimethylsiloxy)-3-penten-2-one; Pentanedione, TMS enol ether; 4- [(Trimethylsilyl)oxy]pent-3-en-2-one