To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 229-675-1
- Synonyms 1-(TRIMETHYLSILOXY)CYCLOHEXENE
- HMIS 3-2-1-X
- Molecular Formula C9H18OSi
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 170.33
- TSCA Yes
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 67-8° / 16
- Density (g/mL) 0.885
- Flash Point (˚C) 51°C (124°F)
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.447
Reacts with ethylene oxide to give ?-hydroxy ketones.1
Reacts with aldehydes, acetals, and enones w/o Lewis acid catalysis in the presence of hexafluoro-2-propanol.2
Hydroboration/oxidation leads to trans-1,2-diols.3
Hydroboration/elimination converts silyl enol ethers to olefins.4
1. Lalic, G. et al. Tetrahedron Lett. 2000, 41, 763.
2. Ratnikov, M. O. et al. Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. Engl.2008, 47, 9739.
3. >Larson, G. L. et al. J. Organomet. Chem. 1974, 76, 9.
4. Larson, G. L. et al. Tetrahedron Lett. 1975, 4005.