To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
All structures are computer generated. Please rely on the product data below for placing your order. If you see any errors in structures, please email customer service so that they can be addressed.
Boiling Point: 110° / 10
EINECS Number: 219-863-1
Melting Point: -43°
Molecular Weight: 344.66
Specific Gravity: 0.998
Flashpoint: 112°C (234°F)
HMIS Key: 2-1-0-X
Hydrolytic Sensitivity: 4: no reaction with water under neutral conditions
Refractive Index: 1.4342
Application: Review of synthetic utility.1
Modifier for Pt-catalyst in 2-component RTVs.2
Core molecule for dendrimers.3
Excellent and inexpensive reagent for vinylations in cross-coupling reactions for the formation of styrenes and dienes.4,5,6
Extensive review on the use in silicon-based cross-coupling reactions.7
Reference: 1. Handbook of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, Reagents for Silicon-Mediated Organic Synthesis, Fuchs, P. L. Ed., John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2011, p. 484-487.
2. Kim, C. et al. Bull. Kor. Chem. Soc. 1997, 18, 164.
3. Broadbridge, R. et al. J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun. 1998, 1449.
4. Denmark, S. E.; Butler, C. R. Org. Lett. 2006, 8, 63.
5. Denmark, S. E.; Wang, Z. J. Organomet. Chem. 2001, 624, 372.
6. Denmark, S. E.; Wehrli, D. Org. Lett. 2000, 2, 565.
7. Denmark, S. E. et al. Organic Reactions, Vol. 75, Denmark, S. E. ed., John Wiley and Sons, 233, 2011.
Additional Properties: Undergoes ring-opening polymerization