To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 208-765-4
- Synonyms D3
- HMIS 1-3-0-X
- Molecular Formula C6H18O3Si3
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 222.46
- Purity (%) 95%
- TSCA Yes
- Delta H Vaporization (kJ/mol) 9.5 kcal/mole
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 134°
- Density (g/mL) 1.02
- Flash Point (˚C) 35°C (95°F)
- Melting Point (˚C) 64-6°
Review of synthetic utility.1
Reacts with three equivalents of an organolithium reagent to give derivatized dimethylsilanols.2,3
1. Handbook of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, Reagents for Silicon-Mediated Organic Synthesis, Fuchs, P. L. Ed., John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2011, p. 310-313.
2. Frye, C. L. et al. J. Org. Chem. 1970, 35, 1308.
3. Sieburth, S. M.; Fensterbank. L. J. Org. Chem. 1993, 58, 6314.