- Synonyms DI-t-BUTYLISOBUTYLSILYLTRIFLATE
- HMIS 3-1-1-X
- Molecular Formula C13H27F3O3SSi
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 348.49
- TSCA No
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 100-101/1
- Density (g/mL) 1.25
- Density Temperature (˚C) 25
Highly selective and very robust silicon-based protecting group capable of protecting alcohols, phenols, amines, carboxylic acids, and carbamates.1
1. >Liang, H.; Hu. L.; Corey, E. J. Org. Lett. 2011, 13, 4120.
Trialkylsilyl Blocking Agent
Used as a protecting group for reactive hydrogens in alcohols, amines, thiols, and carboxylic acids. Organosilanes are hydrogen-like, can be introduced in high yield, and can be removed under selective conditions. They are stable over a wide range of reaction conditions and can be removed in the presence of other functional groups, including other protecting groups. The tolerance of silylated alcohols to chemical transformations summary is presented in Table 1 of the Silicon-Based Blocking Agents brochure.
Di-tert-butylisobutylsilyltrifluoromethanesulfonate; Di-t-butylisobutylsilyltriflate; BIBS-OTf