To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 209-090-8
- HMIS 2-2-1-X
- Molecular Formula C9H21AlO3
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 204.25
- TSCA Yes
- Delta H Vaporization (kJ/mol) 19.4 kcal/mole
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 135-138/10
- Density (g/mL) 1.035
- Melting Point (˚C) 118.5°
Reagent for the reduction of carbonyls to alcohols (Meerwein-Pondorf).1,2
Forms refractory binder with Si(OEt)4.3
Reacts with higher glycols in non-hydrolytic method to yield ceramics.4
Forms highly organized mesoporous silica with EO-PO-EO structure directing agent.5
2. F&F: Vol. 1, p 35; Vol. 3, p 10; Vol. 4, p 15; Vol. 5, p 14; Vol. 6, p 19; Vol. 8, p 15; Vol. 9, p 14; Vol. 11, p 29.
1. Org. Synth. 1944, Coll. Vol. 2, 178; 1955, Coll. Vol. 3, 207; 1963, Coll. Vol. 4, 192.
3. Emblem, H. et al. PCT Int'l App. 8801991, 1988; Chem. Abstr. 109, 26743p.
4. Inoue, M. et al. J. Mater. Sci. 1992, 11, 269.
5. Dacquin, J. et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 12896.