To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
All structures are computer generated. Please rely on the product data below for placing your order. If you see any errors in structures, please email customer service so that they can be addressed.
EINECS Number: 218-871-2
Alternative Name: ALUMINUM TRI-sec-BUTOXIDE
Specific Gravity: 0.9671
Flashpoint: 27°C (81°F)
HMIS Key: 2-3-1-X
Hydrolytic Sensitivity: 8: reacts rapidly with moisture, water, protic solvents
Refractive Index: 1.438
Application: Employed in preparation of alumina sols and ceramers1,2 and cordierties.3
Primer for adhesives on mild steel.4
Used to make specialty, solid and recyclable catalyst systems for oxidations,5 azide cycloadditions,6 and oxidation and amination of hydroquinones.8
Reference: 1. Wang, B. et al. Polym. Prepr. 1989, 30, 146.
2. Aryal, A. et al. "Better Ceramics Through Chemistry III" Brinker, Ed. MRS, 1989, p239.
3. Okuyama, M. J. Mater. Res. 1992, 7, 280.
4. Menon, B. et al. in "Silanes & Other Coupling Agents" Mittal, K. Ed. VSP, 1993, p569.
5. Kim, W.-H.; Park, I. S.; Park, J. Org. Lett. 2006, 8, 2543.
6. Park, I. S. et al. Org. Lett. 2008, 10, 497.
7. Kim, S.; Kim, D.; Park, J. Adv. Synth. Catal. 2009, 351, 2573.
Additional Properties: 2.4?Hvap: 21.5 kcal/mole