To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 231-588-9
- Synonyms STANNIC CHLORIDE
- HMIS 3-0-2-X
- Molecular Formula Cl4Sn
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 260.50
- TSCA Yes
- Delta H Vaporization (kJ/mol) 7.96 kcal/mole
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 114.1
- Density (g/mL) 2.226
- Density Temperature (˚C) 25
- Melting Point (˚C) -33°
- Viscosity at 25 ˚C (cSt) 0.4
Converts 3,4-unsaturated aldehydes to cyclopentanones in CH2Cl2.1
SnCl4 etherate in combination with NaBH4 reduces amides to amines.2
Employed in PECVD of tin oxide.3
Mesostructured clear conductive SnO2 films prepared with surfactant templating.4
F&F: Vol. 8, p 452; Vol. 9, p 437.
1. Cookson, R. et al. Chem. Comm. 1979, 145.
2. Tsuda, Y. et al. Synthesis 1977, 652.
3. Robbins, J. et al. J. Vac. Sci. Technol., A 2001, 19(6), 2762.
4. Miyata, H. et al. J. Mater. Res. 2003, 15, 1334.