To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 206-108-6
- Synonyms TIN(II) OCTOATE, 2-ETHYLHEXANOIC ACID TIN(II) SALT, STANNOUS 2-ETHYLHEXANOATE, STANNOUS OCTOATE
- HMIS 2-1-1-X
- Molecular Formula C16H30O4Sn
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 405.11
- Purity (%) 95%
- TSCA Yes
- Density (g/mL) 1.28
- Flash Point (˚C) >110°C (>230°F)
- Melting Point (˚C) -25°
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.495
Catalyst for the formation of carbamates from isocyanates and alcohols.1
Employed in formation of SnOx coating by MOCVD.2
Forms conductive indium-tin oxide films.3
1. Francis, T. et al. F&F: Vol. 7, p 346; Can. J. Chem. 1976, 54, 24.
2. Mantese, J. et al. MRS Bull. 1989,14(10), 48.
3. Sato, G. et al. Chem. Abstr. 111, 222261k; Jpn. Patent 01,116,082, 1989.