To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 201-083-8
- Synonyms TETRAETHYLORTHOSILICATE; TEOS
- HMIS 2-2-1-X
- Molecular Formula C8H20O4Si
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 208.33
- TSCA Yes
- Autoignition Temp (˚C) 260
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 169
- Coefficient of Thermal Expansion (x10-4 K-1) 1.1 x 10-3
- Density (g/mL) 0.9335
- Dielectric Constant (F/m) 4.1
- Flash Point (˚C) 46
- Melting Point (˚C) -77°
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.3818
- Thermal Conductivity (W/m˚C, ˚C) 4.0
- Vapor Viscosity (µP,˚C) 60, 60
- Viscosity at 25 ˚C (cSt) 0.8
Source by hydrolysis of SiO2 and sol-gel derived glasses.1
Intermediate for silica spheres with controlled dimensions.2
1. Brinker, C. et al. Sol-Gel Science; Academic Press: 1990.
2. Stöber, W. et al. J. Coll. Interface Sci. 1968, 26, 62.