To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 234-062-7
- HMIS 3-4-1-X
- Molecular Formula C3H9KOSi
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 128.29
- TSCA Yes
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) NA
- Density (g/mL) 0.91
- Flash Point (˚C) -14
Used in the vinylation of aromatic bromides.2
Employed in a silicon-based cross-coupling step in a synthesis of papulacandin D.3
Converts methyl esters to potassium salts of carboxylic acids.4
Promoter for the silicon-based cross-coupling of vinylsiloxanes with aryl iodides.2,5
1. Bennett, C. E. in e-EROS Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, 2007.
2. Denmark, S. E.; Butler, C. R. Org. Synth. 2009, 86, 274.
3. Denmark, S. E.; Regens, C. S.; Kobayashi, T. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2007, 129, 2774.
4. Minta, E. et al. Tetrahedron Lett. 2005, 46, 1795.
5. Denmark, S. E.; Butler, C. R. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2008, 130, 3690.