To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 224-123-6
- HMIS 2-3-0-X
- Molecular Formula C4H11ISi
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 214.12
- Purity (%) 97%
- TSCA Yes (L)Low Volume Exemption
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 140-2°
- Density (g/mL) 1.441
- Flash Point (˚C) 31 °C
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4910
Review of synthetic utility.1
Employed in silyl-methylation of alkynes.2
Converts aldehydes, ketones, ?,?-enones to silyl enol ethers.3
Intermediate for allylic silane synthon, 2-(trimethylsilyl)ethyltriphenylphosphonium iodide.4
Useful for the introduction of the trimethylsilylmethyl group.5
1. Handbook of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, Reagents for Silicon-Mediated Organic Synthesis, Fuchs, P. L. Ed., John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2011, p. 323-336.
2. Schmid, R. et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1980, 102, 5122.
3. Cazeau, P. et al. Tetrahedron 1987, 43, 2075, 2089.
4. Fleming, I. et al. Synthesis 1979, 446.
5. Vedejs, E. J. Org. Chem. 1985, 50, 2170.