To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Synonyms TRIETHOXYSILYLMETHANOL
- HMIS 2-4-0-X
- Molecular Formula C7H18O4Si
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 194.31
- TSCA Yes (L)Low Volume Exemption
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) NA
- Density (g/mL) 0.866
- Flash Point (˚C) 15
Hydrolysis yields analogs of silica-hydroxymethylsilanetriol polymers.1
Cohydrolysates form highly water dispersible nanoparticles.2
Functionalizes magnetic particles utilized in nucleic acid separation.3
Functionalizes nanoparticles for “stealth therapeutic” biomedical applications.4
1. Arkles, B. et al. Silicon 2013, 5, 187; DOI 10.1007/s12633-013-9146-2.
2. Du, H. et al. J. Colloid Interface Sci. 2009, 340, 202.
3. Templer, D. Eur Pat App. EP 1748 072 A1, 2007.
4. Neoh, K. G. et al. Polymer Chemistry 2011, 2, 747.