To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 203-492-7
- Synonyms MM, HMDSO
- HMIS 1-3-0-X
- Molecular Formula C6H18OSi2
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 162.38
- Purity (%) 98%
- TSCA Yes
- Delta H Vaporization (kJ/mol) 7.2 kcal/mole
- Autoignition Temp (˚C) 340
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 99-100
- Density (g/mL) 0.7636
- Flash Point (˚C) -1
- Melting Point (˚C) -67°
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.3774
- Viscosity at 25 ˚C (cSt) 0.65
Review of synthetic utility.1
Exhibits high excess electron mobility: 22 cm2/V s.2
Plasma polymerization produces hydrophobic coatings on metals.3
Provides an excellent alternative to Lawesson’s reagent for the conversion of a carbonyl to a thiocarbonyl.4
1. Handbook of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, Reagents for Silicon-Mediated Organic Synthesis, Fuchs, P. L. Ed., John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2011, p. 313-317.
2. Holroyd, R. et al. Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res., Sect. A 1997, 390, 233.
3. Bonnar, M. et al. Chem. Phys. Vac. Dep. 1997, 3, 201.
4. Curphey, T. J. J. Org. Chem. 2002, 67, 6461.