- Synonyms PERFLUORODECYL-1H,1H,2H,2H-DIMETHYLCHLOROSILANE
- HMIS 3-2-1-X
- Molecular Formula C12H10ClF17Si
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 540.72
- Purity (%) 97%
- TSCA No
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 197-198
- Density (g/mL) 1.51
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.3410
Treated onto silica to prepare a fluorinated surface for the embedding of a catalyst for Bonded Fluorous Phase Catalysis (BFPC) used in dehydrogenative silylation of alcohols.1
Forms self-assembled monolayer resists that align nanowire arrays.2
1. >Biffis, A.; Zecca, M.; Basato, M. Green Chemistry, 2003, 5, 170 and Biffis, A.; Braga, M.; Basato, M. Adv. Synth. Catal. 2004, 346, 451.
2. Takahashi, T. et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009, 131, 2102.
Specialty Silicon-Based Blocking Agent
Used as a protecting group for reactive hydrogens in alcohols, amines, thiols, and carboxylic acids. Organosilanes are hydrogen-like, can be introduced in high yield, and can be removed under selective conditions. They are stable over a wide range of reaction conditions and can be removed in the presence of other functional groups, including other protecting groups. The tolerance of silylated alcohols to chemical transformations summary is presented in Table 1 of the Silicon-Based Blocking Agents brochure.
(Heptadecafluoro-1,1,2-2-tetrahydradecyl)dimethylchlorosilane; Perfluorodecyl-1H,1H,2H,2H-dimethylchlorosilane; (1H,1H,2H,2H-Perfluorodecyl)dimethylchlorosilane