To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 222-217-1
- HMIS 3-1-1-X
- Molecular Formula C11H22O4Si
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 246.38
- TSCA Yes
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 95-7° / 0.25
- Density (g/mL) 1.065
- Flash Point (˚C) 146°C (295°F)
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4490
- Specific Wetting (m2/g) 317
- Viscosity at 25 ˚C (cSt) '5.2
Forms UV-curable coating resins by controlled hydrolysis.1
Used to make epoxy-organosilica particles w/ high positive Zeta potential.2
1. Crivello, J.; Mao. Z. Chem. Mater. 1997, 9, 1554.
2. Nakamura, M.; Ishimura, K. Langmuir 2008, 24, 12228.