- Einecs Number 217-392-6
- Molecular Formula C9H13ClSi
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 184.73
- Purity (%) 97%
- TSCA Yes
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.522
Review of synthetic utility.1
Readily forms Grignard reagent, which is useful for Peterson olefinations and as a masked hydroxyl moiety.2,3
1. Handbook of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, Reagents for Silicon-Mediated Organic Synthesis, Fuchs, P. L. Ed., John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2011, p. 162-166.
2. Boons, G. J. P. H. et al. Tetrahedron Lett. 1989, 30, 229.
3. Rodgen, S. A.; Schaus, S. E. Org. Lett. 2006, 45, 4929.