To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 218-322-7
- HMIS 2-4-0-X
- Molecular Formula C7H20Si2
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 160.41
- Purity (%) 97%
- TSCA Yes
- Delta H Vaporization (kJ/mol) 9.2 kcal/mole
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 132-3°
- Density (g/mL) 0.752
- Flash Point (˚C) 12 °C
- Melting Point (˚C) -71°
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4170
Exhibits very high excess electron mobility: 63 cm2/V s.1
For synthesis of silylated olefins by Peterson olefination of aldehydes and ketones.2
1. Holroyd, R. et al. Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res., Sect. A 1997, 390, 233.
2. Carter, M. et al. J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun. 1976, 679.