To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 247-644-0
- HMIS 3-2-1-X
- Molecular Formula C12H10N3O3P
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 275.20
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 157° / 0.17
- Density (g/mL) 1.277
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.5520
Reviewed along with other azides.1
Employed in preparation of macrocyclic lactams.2
Reagent for aziridation of olefins in presence of catalysts.3
Used as a reagent for a modified Curtius reaction.4
F&F: Vol. 4, p 210; Vol. 5, p 280; Vol. 7, p 138; Vol. 8, p 211; Vol. 10, p 173, Vol. 16, p 160.
1. Swamy, K. C. K. et al. Chem. Rev. 2009, 109, 2551.
2. Qian, L. et al. Tetrahedron Lett. 1990, 31, 6469.
3. Ikeda, L. I. et al. Synthesis 1980, 650.
4. Shiiori, T.; Ninomiya, K.; Yamada, S. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1972, 94, 6203.