To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 216-214-4
- HMIS 3-4-1-X
- Molecular Formula C3H9ClGe
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 153.15
- Purity (%) 97%
- TSCA No
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 102°
- Density (g/mL) 1.249
- Flash Point (˚C) 1 °C
- Melting Point (˚C) -14°
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4337
Forms germanium enolates which react under controlled conditions to give syn or anti aldols.1
Reagent for regioselective synthesis of ?- or ?-aminoacids from masked dienolates.2,3
In combination with HSiCl3 forms strained silicon epitaxial films.4
1. Yamamoto, Y. et al. F&F Vol. 14, p 329; J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Comm. 1988, 802.
2. Yamamoto, Y. et al. Tetrahedron Lett. 1989, 30, 3445.
3. Yamamoto, Y. et al. J. Org. Chem. 1990, 55, 3118.
4. Woelk, E. et al. Semiconductor Int'l. 2006, 4, 39.