To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Synonyms GERMANIUM(II) BIS(HEXAMETHYLDISILAZIDE)
- HMIS 2-1-1-X
- Molecular Formula C12H36GeN2Si4
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 393.36
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 60° / 0.4
- Melting Point (˚C) 32-3°
Intermediate for germazene.1
Forms poly(germanium enolates) by reaction with ?,?-unsaturated ketones.2
Reacts with carbon dioxide to form silylated isocyanates and carbodiimides.3
Forms 3-coordinate complexes with (Et3P)2Ptacac that reversibly bind CO2, H2.4
1. Chen, H. et al. Inorg. Chem. 1991, 30, 3390.
2. Kobayashi, S. et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1992, 114, 4929.
3. Sita, L. et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1996, 118, 10912.
4. Litz, K. et al. Organometallics 1995, 14, 5008.