To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 245-711-9
- HMIS 2-3-1-X
- Molecular Formula C12H28O4Zr
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 327.56
- TSCA Yes
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 208° / 0.1
- Density (g/mL) 1.05
- Flash Point (˚C) 23 °C
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.457
- Viscosity at 25 ˚C (cSt) 60-90
Employed in sol-gel production of lead zirconate titanate films.1
Employed in sol-gel coating of alumina powders used in composites.2
Employed in preparation of clear monolithic poly(tetramethylene oxide) ceramers.3
Catalyst for simultaneous polymerization and esterification.4
Component in high refractive index abrasion resistant coatings.5
1. Lipeles, R. et al. Science of Ceramic Proc. Hench, L. Ed. Wiley, 1986, p320.
2. Cortesi, P. et al. Ceramic Int'l. 1989, 15, 173.
3. Brennan, A. et al. J. Inorg. Organomet. Polym. 1991, 1, 167.
4. Case, L. U.S. Patent 3,383,217, 1964.
5. Philip, G. et al. U.S. Patent 4,746,366, 1988.
6. Day, V. et al. Inorg. Chem. 2001, 40, 5738.