To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 211-706-5
- Synonyms TRIBUTYL BORATE
- HMIS 2-2-1-X
- Molecular Formula C12H27BO3
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 230.16
- TSCA Yes
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 230-5°
- Density (g/mL) 0.853
- Flash Point (˚C) 93°C (199°F)
- Melting Point (˚C) -70°
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4100
- Additional Viscosity (cSt) '2.0, 21.4
- Viscosity at 25 ˚C (cSt) 2.0
Used in sol-gel prep of Li2B4O7 with potential for surface acoustical wave (SAW) devices.1
1. Yoko, T. et al. in Sol-Gel Optics, Mackenzie, J., Ed. SPIE Proc. 1990, 1328, 416.