- Einecs Number 217-164-6
- Synonyms N-[3-(TRIMETHOXYSILYL)PROPYL]ETHYLENEDIAMINE; DAMO
- HMIS 3-1-1-X
- Molecular Formula C8H22N2O3Si
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 222.36
- Purity (%) tech
- TSCA Yes
- Autoignition Temp (˚C) 300
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 140° / 15
- Density (g/mL) 1.019
- Density Temperature (˚C) 25
- Flash Point (˚C) 150 °C
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.450
- Specific Wetting (m2/g) 358
- Viscosity at 25 ˚C (cSt) 6.5
Used in the immobilization of copper (II) catalyst on silica.1
Used together w/ SID3396.0 to anchor PdCl2 catalyst to silica for acceleration of the Tsuji-Trost reaction.2
1. Wu, Q.; Wang, L. Synthesis 2008, 2007.
2. Noda, H. et al. Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. Engl.2012, 51, 8017.
Diamino Functional Trialkoxy Silane
Silane coupling agents have the ability to form a durable bond between organic and inorganic materials to generate desired heterogeneous environments or to incorporate the bulk properties of different phases into a uniform composite structure. The general formula has two classes of functionality. The hydrolyzable group forms stable condensation products with siliceous surfaces and other oxides such as those of aluminum, zirconium, tin, titanium, and nickel. The organofunctional group alters the wetting or adhesion characteristics of the substrate, utilizes the substrate to catalyze chemical transformations at the heterogeneous interface, orders the interfacial region, or modifies its partition characteristics, and significantly effects the covalent bond between organic and inorganic materials.
N-(2-Aminoethyl)-3-aminopropyltrimethoxysilane; N-[3-(Trimethoxysilyl)propyl]ethylenediamine; DAMO