To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 203-715-8
- HMIS 3-4-1-X
- Molecular Formula C2H6MgO2
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 86.38
- TSCA Yes
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) NA
- Density (g/mL) 0.816
- Flash Point (˚C) 11
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.3380
Forms adherent MgO films utilized for magnetic core windings.1
Dielectric constant (e.g. 7.0) and optical properties of sol-gel derived MgO studied.2
Employed in production of fluorophlogopite.3
Forms highly absorbent aerogels.5
Reviewed for preparation and synthetic applications.6
F&F: Vol. 2, p 255; Vol. 3, p 189; Vol. 7, p 220; Vol. 11, p 309.
1. Suchoff, L. U.S. Patent 2,796,364, 1957.
2. Ho, I. et al. J. Sol-Gel Sci. & Tech. 1997, 9, 295.
3. Duldulao, F. et al. Chem. Mater. 1991, 3, 772.
4. Kelly, G. et al. Adv. Chem. Ser. 1977, 164, 62.
5. Klabunde, K. et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2000, 122, 4921.
6. Shimizu, M. Science of Synthesis, 2004, 7, 645.