To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 231-999-3
- Synonyms STANNOUS FLUORIDE
- HMIS 3-0-0-X
- Molecular Formula F2Sn
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 156.69
- TSCA Yes
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 850°
- Density (g/mL) 4.570
- Melting Point (˚C) 219.5°
Reacts with allyl iodide to form allyltindifluoroiodide which forms homoallylic alcohols upon reaction with aldehydes.1
Component in Sn-Pb-P-F-O-glasses with organic dye receptivity.2
Intermediate for NaSnF3 and Sn3F3PO4.3
1. Mukaiyama, T. et al. F&F: Vol. 10, p 374; Chem. Lett. 1980, 1507.
2. Arma, M. et al. J. Non-Cryst. Solids 1991, 135, 79.
3. Salami, T. et al. J. Solid State Chem. 2004, 177, 800.