To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- HMIS 2-2-0-X
- Molecular Formula C10H28Si3
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 232.59
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 80° / 2
- Density (g/mL) 0.827
- Flash Point (˚C) 76°C (169°F)
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4640
Review of synthetic utility.1
Sterically demanding "trisyl" group.2,3
Linear, thermally-induced NMR shifts.4
Metalation occurs with MeLi to form tris(trimethylsilyl)methyllithium.5
Reacts with LiOMe to form bis(trimethylsilyl)methyllithium.6
F&F: Vol. 20, p 422.
1. Handbook of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, Reagents for Silicon-Mediated Organic Synthesis, Fuchs, P. L. Ed., John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2011, p. 746-747.
2. Cowley, A. Inorg. Synth. 1990, 27, 235.
3. Eaborn, C. et al. J. Organomet. Chem. 1975, 101, C40.
4. Sikorsky, W. et al. Magn. Reson. Chem. 1998, 36, 5118.
5. Cook, M. A. et al. J. Organomet. Chem. 1970, 24, 529.
6. Sakurai, H. et al. Tetrahedron Lett. 1973, 4193.