To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Synonyms DONDONI REAGENT
- HMIS 2-3-1-X
- Molecular Formula C6H11NSSi
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 157.31
- TSCA No
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 51-53/10
- Density (g/mL) 0.986
- Flash Point (˚C) 62 °C
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.498
Review of synthetic utility.1
Convenient substitute for 2-lithiothiazole for introducing various substituents at C-2 of the thiazole ring.2
F&F: Vol. 16, p 362.
1. Handbook of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, Reagents for Silicon-Mediated Organic Synthesis, Fuchs, P. L. Ed., John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2011, p. 712-719.
2. Dondoni, A. et al. J. Org. Chem. 1988, 53, 1748.