To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 236-504-4
- HMIS 2-1-1-X
- Molecular Formula C7H16S2Si
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 192.42
- TSCA No
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 85/1
- Density (g/mL) 1.014
- Flash Point (˚C) 96 °C
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.5330
Review of synthetic utility.1
Employed in synthesis of acylsilanes.2
With BrF3 converts the oxygen of aldehydes and ketones to difluoromethyl groups.3
Used in the preparation of acylsilanes.4
Used in the preparation of unsaturated dithioketene acetals in a Peterson reaction.5
Important reagent for Type I Anion Relay Chemistry (ARC).6
F&F: Vol. 4, p 284; Vol. 10, p 380.
1. Handbook of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, Reagents for Silicon-Mediated Organic Synthesis, Fuchs, P. L. Ed., John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2011, p. 604-609.
2. Corey, E. J. et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1967, 89, 434.
3. Cohen, O. et al. Tetrahedron 2009, 65, 1361.
4. Brinkmeyer, R. S. Tetrahedron Lett. 1979, 20, 207.
5. Carey, F. A.; Court, A. S. J. Org. Chem. 1972, 37, 4474.
6. Smith, A. B., III; Wuest, W. M. Chem. Commun. 2008, 5883.