To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- HMIS 2-4-1-X
- Molecular Formula C7H12O2Si
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 156.26
- TSCA No
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 40-42/25
- Density (g/mL) 0.950
- Flash Point (˚C) 18 °C
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.436
Review of synthetic utility.1
Reviewed with other similar heterocycles.2
Used in a vinylogous Mannich reaction to form aminomethyl butenolides.3
Employed in asymmetric vinylogous aldol reaction with aldehydes.4
Adds to allyl acetates to form 5-allyl-?-butenolides.5
1. Handbook of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, Reagents for Silicon-Mediated Organic Synthesis, Fuchs, P. L. Ed., John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2011, p. 684-693.
2. Casiraghi, G. et al. Synlett 2009, 1525.
3. Akiyama, T. et al. Adv. Synth. Catal. 2008, 350, 399.
4. Singh, R. P. et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010, 132, 9558.
5. Cho, C.-W.; Krische, M. J. Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. Engl. 2004, 43, 6689.