To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- HMIS 3-4-1-X
- Molecular Formula C7H14OSi
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 144.27
- TSCA No
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 50-55/50
- Density (g/mL) 0.807
- Flash Point (˚C) 12 °C
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4290
Review of synthetic utility.1
Undergoes photocyclization to 2-cycloalkenones, yielding bicyclic vinylcyclobutanols.2
Copolymerizes with styrene using AIBN.3
Useful Diels-Alder diene yielding substituted cyclohexanones.4
1. Handbook of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, Reagents for Silicon-Mediated Organic Synthesis, Fuchs, P. L. Ed., John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2011, p. 681-684.
2. Demuth, M. et al. Helv. Chim. Acta 1988, 71, 1392; F&F 15: 346.
3. Penelle, J. et al. Polymer Preprints 1996, 37, 521.
4. F&F: Vol. 7, p 401; Vol. 12, p 539.