To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- HMIS 3-1-1-X
- Molecular Formula C10H21F3O3SSi
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 306.41
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 45-6° / 0.03
- Density (g/mL) 1.136
- Flash Point (˚C) 100°C (212°F)
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4140
Review of synthetic utility.1,2
F&F: Vol. 11, p 567; Vol. 13, p 11; Vol. 21, p 254.
1. Handbook of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, Reagents for Silicon-Mediated Organic Synthesis, Fuchs, P. L. Ed., John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2011, p. 559-562.
2. Rucker, C. Chem. Rev. 1995, 95, 1009.
Trialkylsilyl Blocking Agent
Used as a protecting group for reactive hydrogens in alcohols, amines, thiols, and carboxylic acids. Organosilanes are hydrogen-like, can be introduced in high yield, and can be removed under selective conditions. They are stable over a wide range of reaction conditions and can be removed in the presence of other functional groups, including other protecting groups. The tolerance of silylated alcohols to chemical transformations summary is presented in Table 1 of the Silicon-Based Blocking Agents brochure.
Triisopropylsilyltrifluoromethanesulfonate; Triisopropylsilyltriflate; TIPS-OTf