To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 241-939-8
- HMIS 3-1-0-X
- Molecular Formula C3H9NaOSi
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 112.18
- Purity (%) 96%
- TSCA Yes
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) NA
- Melting Point (˚C) 147-150° dec
Used as a weak base for alkylation of phenols.1
Directly generates amines from carboxylic acids in a modified Curtius reaction.2
Important promoter for silicon-based cross-coupling reactions.3
1. Houpis, N. et al. Org. Lett. 2005, 7, 1947.
2. Ma, B.; Lee, C-W. Tetrahedron Lett. 2010, 51, 385.
3. Denmark, S. E. et al. Organic Reactions, Vol. 75, Denmark, S. E. ed., John Wiley and Sons, 233, 2011.