- HMIS 3-2-1-X
- Molecular Formula C10H15NSi
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 177.32
- Purity (%) 90%
- TSCA No
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 104-105/18
- Flash Point (˚C) 71 °C
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.5046
Allylates ketones and aldehydes in the absence of palladium catalysis. Source for other 2- pyridyl allylsilanes.1
Extensive review on the use in silicon-based cross-coupling reactions.2
1. Kamei, T. et al. Org. Lett. 2005, 7, 4725.
2. Denmark, S. E. et al. Organic Reactions, Vol. 75, Denmark, S. E. ed., John Wiley and Sons, 233, 2011.
Arylsilane Cross-Coupling Agent
The cross-coupling reaction is a highly useful methodology for the formation of carbon-carbon bonds. It involves two reagents, with one typically being a suitable organometallic reagent - the nucleophile - and the other a suitable organic substrate, normally an unsaturated halide, tosylate or similar - the electrophile.