To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 224-916-7
- HMIS 3-3-1-X
- Molecular Formula C9H14SSi
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 182.36
- TSCA Yes
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 72/8
- Density (g/mL) 0.963
- Flash Point (˚C) 33 °C
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.5320
Review of synthetic utility.1
Converts adehydes to phenylsulfides.2
Converts aromatic aldehydes to coupled diols with Yb metal.3
Reacts w/ aryl fluorides to provide phenylaryl thioethers.4
Converts enol silyl ethers into vinylsulfides.5
F&F: Vol. 10, p 426; Vol. 12, p 535; Vol. 16, p 278.
1. Handbook of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, Reagents for Silicon-Mediated Organic Synthesis, Fuchs, P. L. Ed., John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2011, p. 414-418.
2. Glass, R. Synth. Commun. 1976, 6, 47.
3. Fujiwara, Y. et al. Tetrahedron Lett. 1996, 37. 3465.
4. >Liu, C. et al. Synlett 2011, 22, 1143.
5. Degl’innocenti, A. et al. Synlett.1992, 499.