To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Synonyms PHENYLTRIMETHYLSILYLSELENIDE
- HMIS 3-2-1-X
- Molecular Formula C9H14SeSi
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 229.26
- Purity (%) 95%
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 92-93/5
- Density (g/mL) 1.196
- Melting Point (˚C) -5°
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.5525
Review of synthetic utility.1
Catalytic radical initiator for alkylselenation and other radical reactions.2
Asymmetrically opens epoxides.3
Regio- and stereoselectively adds to acetylenes under palladium catalysis.4
F&F: Vol. 9, p 373.
1. Handbook of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, Reagents for Silicon-Mediated Organic Synthesis, Fuchs, P. L. Ed., John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2011, p. 421-422.
2. Pandey, G. et al. J. Org. Chem. 2000, 65, 4309.
3. Tiecco, M. et al. Tetrahedron 2008, 64, 3337.
4. Detty, M. R. J. Org. Chem. 1979, 44, 4528.