To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Synonyms DANISHEFSKY'S DIENE
- Molecular Formula C8H16O2Si
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 172.30
- Purity (%) 85%
- TSCA No
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4545
Diels-Alder cyclohexenone building block.1
Asymmetrically adds to aldehydes.2
Cycloadds with high ee values to n-butylglyoxylate.3
Reacts with imines to give optically active 6-substituted piperidenones.4
1. Danishefsky, S. Acc. Chem. Res. 1981, 14, 400.
2. Furuno, H. et al. Org. Lett. 2000, 2, 49.
3. Motoyama, Y. et al. Tetrahedron 2001, 57, 853.
4. Mancheño, O. G. et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2004, 126, 456.