- Einecs Number 217-393-1
- Synonyms 2-(TRIMETHYLSILOXY)PROPENE
- HMIS 2-4-1-X
- Molecular Formula C6H14OSi
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 130.26
- Purity (%) 92%
- TSCA Yes
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 94-95
- Density (g/mL) 0.786
- Flash Point (˚C) -1 °C
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.3960
Reagent for synthesis of cyclic-acetone ketals.1
This and other enol silyl ethers add enantioselectively to imines.2
1. Larson, G. et al. J. Org. Chem. 1973, 38, 3935.
2. Fuji, A. et al. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1999, 121, 5450.
Trimethylsilyl Blocking Agent
Used as a protecting group for reactive hydrogens in alcohols, amines, thiols, and carboxylic acids. Organosilanes are hydrogen-like, can be introduced in high yield, and can be removed under selective conditions. They are stable over a wide range of reaction conditions and can be removed in the presence of other functional groups, including other protecting groups. The tolerance of silylated alcohols to chemical transformations summary is presented in Table 1 of the Silicon-Based Blocking Agents brochure.
Isopropenoxytrimethylsilane; IPOTMS; 2-(Trimethylsiloxy)propene trimethyl[(1-methylvinyl)oxy]silane