To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 235-340-0
- HMIS 1-0-0-X
- Molecular Formula (Na0.67)(Mg,Li)6Si8O20(OH,F)4
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 383.25
- TSCA Yes (E)Exempt – Naturally Occurring Substance
- Density (g/mL) 2.5
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.49
Montmorillonite (smectite) clay mineral-layered, with swelling and intercalation properties.1
Substrate for the polymerization of oligonucleotides.2
1. Pinnavaia, T. In Chemically Modified Surfaces in Catalysis; Miller, J., Ed.; American Chemical Society: Washington, DC, 1982; 192, p 241.
2. Prabahar, K. et al. J. Am. Chem Soc. 1994, 116, 10914.