- HMIS 3-3-1-X
- Molecular Formula C9H18F3NOSi
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 241.33
- Purity (%) 97%
- TSCA No
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 168-70°
- Density (g/mL) 1.023
- Flash Point (˚C) 52 °C
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4020
Review of synthetic utility.1
1. Handbook of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, Reagents for Silicon-Mediated Organic Synthesis, Fuchs, P. L. Ed., John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2011, p. 125-127.
Trialkylsilyl Blocking Agent
Used as a protecting group for reactive hydrogens in alcohols, amines, thiols, and carboxylic acids. Organosilanes are hydrogen-like, can be introduced in high yield, and can be removed under selective conditions. They are stable over a wide range of reaction conditions and can be removed in the presence of other functional groups, including other protecting groups. The tolerance of silylated alcohols to chemical transformations summary is presented in Table 1 of the Silicon-Based Blocking Agents brochure.
N-(tert-Butyldimethylsilyl)-N-trifluoroacetamide; N-Methyl-N-(t-butyldimethylsilyl)trifluoroacetamide; N-[(1,1- dimethylethyl)dimethylsilyl]-2,2,2-trifluoro-N-methyl-acetamide