- HMIS 3-2-1-X
- Molecular Formula C6H11BrSi
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 191.15
- Purity (%) 92%
- TSCA No
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 44-5° / 2
- Density (g/mL) 1.351
- Flash Point (˚C) 62 °C
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4950
Reagent for preparation of terminal conjugated enynes.1
Used to prepare homopropargylic and allenyl alcohols.2
1. Gibson, A. et al. Synthesis 1991, 5, 414.
2. Liu, M.-J.; Loh, T.-P. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2003, 125, 13042.
In amongst the considerable chemistry of acetylenes there lies some unique chemistry of alkynylsilanes (silylacetylenes) some of which is reviewed herein. This unique character is exemplified not only in the silyl protection of the terminal C–H of acetylenes, but also in the ability of the silyl group to be converted into other functionalities after reaction of the alkynylsilane and to its ability to dictate and improve the regioselectivity of reactions at the triple bond. This, when combined with the possible subsequent transformations of the silyl group, makes their chemistry highly versatile and useful.