To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Synonyms 2,2,4,4-TETRAMETHYL-3-CHLORO-2,4-DISILAPENTANE
- HMIS 2-2-0-X
- Molecular Formula C7H19ClSi2
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 194.86
- Purity (%) 97%
- TSCA No
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 72-3° / 22
- Density (g/mL) 0.892
- Flash Point (˚C) 48 °C
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4490
Review of synthetic utility.1
Grignard reagent can be used to prepare sterically hindered aryl systems.2
1. Handbook of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, Reagents for Silicon-Mediated Organic Synthesis, Fuchs, P. L. Ed., John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2011, p. 461-463.
2. Fukukawa, K.-A. et al. Macromolecules,2005, 38, 263.