To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- Einecs Number 203-485-9
- HMIS 3-3-2-X
- Molecular Formula C3H5Cl3Si
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 175.52
- TSCA Yes
- Delta H Vaporization (kJ/mol) 9.4 kcal/mole
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 117-8°
- Density (g/mL) 1.201
- Flash Point (˚C) 31°C (88°F)
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4460
Review of synthetic utility.1
Effects asymmetric allylation of aldehydes after reaction with chiral diols.2
Used in the highly enantioselective allylation of aromatic aldehydes.3,4
Enantioselectively allylates aryl aldehydes with high ee values.5
Undergoes enantioselective allylation of aldehydes to form homoallylic alcohols.6
Allylates carbonyls with base catalysis as opposed to allyltrimethylsilane (SIA0555.0), which requires Lewis acid catalysis.7
Chiral Phosphoramides catalyze the enantioselective allylation of aromatic, heteroaromatic, as well as cinnamyl aldehydes.8
1. Handbook of Reagents for Organic Synthesis, Reagents for Silicon-Mediated Organic Synthesis, Fuchs, P. L. Ed., John Wiley and Sons, Ltd., 2011, p. 10-14.
2. Wang, Z. et al. J. Chem. Soc., Chem. Commun. 1996, 2261.
3. Shimada. T. et al. Org. Lett. 2002, 4, 2799.
4. Malkov, A. et al. Org. Lett. 2002, 4, 1047.
5. Simonini, V. et al. Adv. Synth. Catal. 2008, 350, 561.
6. Massa, A. et al. Tetrahedron: Asymmetry 2009, 20, 202.
7. Kobayashi, S.; Nishio, K. Tetrahedron Lett. 1993, 34, 3453.
8. Denmark, S. E. et al. J. Org. Chem. 1994, 59, 6161.