To search by structure, left click in the box below to display the chemdraw toolbar. Then, draw the chemical structure of interest in the box using the toolbar. When your structure is complete, click “Search by Name” or “Search by SMILES” to generate the product name or SMILES respectively. This feature will search within the Gelest product database for matching chemical names or SMILES. Note: In cases where Gelest uses alternate chemical names, it may be necessary to search for the product of interest by its CAS#.
- HMIS 3-4-1-X
- Molecular Formula C6H16Ge
- Molecular Weight (g/mol) 160.78
- Boiling Point (˚C/mmHg) 122-3°
- Density (g/mL) 1.004
- Flash Point (˚C) 5°C (41°F)
- Refractive Index @ 20˚C 1.4382
Hydrogermylates alkylpropiolates to give triethylgermylacrylates.1
Regioselective addition to alkynes gives (E) vinylgermanes.2
Catalyst for polymerization of ?-olefins.3
Precursor for germanium deposition at 300°.4
1. Dimens, V. et al. J. Organomet. Chem. 1992, 435, 257.
2. Esteruelas, M.A. et al. Organometallics 1999, 18, 2267.
3. Shearer Jr., N. H.; Coover Jr., H. W. U.S. Patent 2,925,409, 1960.
4. Chen, J. et al. J. Vac. Sci. Tech., A 1997, 15, 1140.